Leaving information for your Pet Sitter
Sticky notes strewn around the house can be a great way to give your sitter important instructions that can help them care for your pet. Here is a list of what kind of notes would be helpful for a pet sitter:
- A list of medications for the pet and the location of the supplies.
- Information about what to feed the pet, their exercise habits.
- Specific step-by-step instructions of how to complete tasks. This may seem a little bit intensive but will ensure that your pet is cared for exactly how you would care for them.
- Common hiding places – much like a resistance force in an occupied country, pets sometimes like to escape the hegemony of the current leadership. Information on where the pets hide will ensure a successful pet sitting operation.
- Details about any allergic reactions that your pet can have in case the sitter and your pet have to take a trip to the vet.
- Information about what scares your pet and what to do to provide comfort in these instances.
- Any extra information about the pet or household that may have been missed during the initial meet and greet.