ULTRASOUND ADMISSION INFORMATION
Ultrasound is a minimally invasive diagnostic imaging tool that we can use to investigate a variety of medical problems in our patients. If your pet is booked in for an ultrasound at Concord Veterinary Hospital, please follow the below instructions:
- Please ensure that your pet is fasted (no food or treats) from 7 pm the night before their visit us. Please do not give your pet any breakfast on the morning of the ultrasound.
- On the day of the ultrasound, a patch of fur will be clipped on your pet’s abdomen – this is so we can get a clear picture with the ultrasound machine.
- Occasionally, we may need to give some pets a light sedative as they need to be still for the ultrasound. If this is the case, one of our vets will discuss this with you.
- Please drop your pet into the clinic between 8am and 9am on the morning of the ultrasound unless you have made prior arrangements.
- Please call us at 3pm on the afternoon of the ultrasound and we will let you know what time your pet can be discharged. One of our veterinarians will discuss the findings with you at discharge.
If you have any further questions regarding your pet’s procedure, please do not hesitate to ask one of our nurses or veterinarians on 02 9743 1715
Our Other Services
How We Can Help You Pet
Explore Our Veterinary Care Services